In these changing times, our mission remains clear; Ensure that the supply of igus® motion plastics continues to be maintained to all customers, across the UK and the world.
The UK formally left the EU on 1st January 2021 and igus® has prepared for every foreseeable outcome. Measures that we have taken include:
• Appointment of an official customs agent (Dachser)
• Increase of the deferment bond to eliminate any UK border delays
• Appointment of Montgomery and UPS as official customs agents for export deliveries made to both Northern Ireland, Eire (and other EU countries)
• Review and test of all internal processes to ensure that customer requirements can be satisfied
• Evaluation of inventory master planning controls to ensure customer lead times are minimised
• Documentation of all necessary information with regards to country of origin, commodity code and weight.
Whether you are a UK customer who exports our product, or an EU customer who imports our product, igus® is ready to provide all of the legal information required.
To help ensure uninterrupted supplies to Northern Ireland and the rest of EU we politely request your assistance with the following:
1. Confirmation of company EORI number. This information will need to be seen on the face of customs invoices to both Northern Ireland and The Republic of Ireland. This will be a legal requirement.
For reference, the igus® UK EORI number is GB 581 1684 31000.
2. Note that orders placed have the option between using Incoterms DAP (default) or EXW. This is in addition to the option of arranging a collection from the igus® facility in Northampton, should this be preferable.
(DAP = Delivered At Place; EXW = Ex-Works)
• UK Gov information for EORI registration - https://www.gov.uk/eori
• UK Gov Brexit transition - https://www.gov.uk/transition
• If you have any queries please don't hesitate to contact our representatives
Michelle Cannon - firstname.lastname@example.org
Sam Burton - email@example.com