1. Optimised opening system for fast opening of extender crossbars, either from the left or right 2. Double stop-dog system for long unsupported lengths 3. High holding force of the extender crossbars 4. 1400 e-chain®series openable along inner radius, from both sides 5. 1500 e-chain® series openable along the outer radius, from on both sides 6. 1450 half e-tube series openable along inner radius, from both sides 7. 1480 fully enclosed e-tube series openable along the inner radius 8. Proven and tested mounting brackets9. Versatile modular interior separations 10. Easy assembly due to optimised pins 11. Strain relief can be integrated in the mounting bracket 12. Series E 1500 available in the ESD product range Series 1500 ESD IPA classification – Report IG 1303-640, tested 1500.050.038.0
* The required clearance height is HF = H + 25 mm (at 0.5 kg/m fill weight), which should be observed in all types of applications. Please contact us if you have particularly confined space requirements.
** The calculated length corresponds to the chain length without mounting brackets.
Pitch: 33.3 mmChain links per m: 30Chain length= S/2 + KA = moving endB = fixed end
The unsupported length depends on fill weightX axis: unsupported length in m FLB/FLGY axis: fill weight in kg/mLower scale: travel S in mFLB = unsupported with permissible sagFLG = unsupported with straight upper run Reference example A: fill weight = 1.5 [kg/m] unsupported length FLB = 1.3 m travel = 2.6 m
From 10 m to max. 75 mChain length = S/2+K2Long travel - gliding (up to max. 75 m) Here the e-chain® is used with the upper run gliding on the lower run. We recommend letting our engineers support you when planning this type of system. In case of travel lengths between 4m and 10m, we recommend a larger unsupported e-chain®. A1 = moving endA2 = fixed end A3 = Guide trough with glide bar A4 = Guide trough without glide bar A5 = Total length of the guide trough
Samples and catalog order
E-Chain® Expert call
Service life calculation
Ask the product expert
Designing with igus®
9 widths and 8 bend radii
Steel mounting bracket for all chain widths
Mounting bracket with tiewrap plate
2-part plastic mounting bracket
Practical tool for opening and closing of e-chains® of series E2/000
Other installation types
Option 1: standard
Option 2: Optional full-width shelves
Option 1: Standard Separators can be placed anywhere in the chain's cross-section to divide the interior of the e-chain® - as standard, separators should be fitted every 2nd chain link! 21.1 standard – for all uses Separator, wide base for maximum holding strength and stability in e-chains® 21.2 Faster installation of cables Secure seating on one side with wide base, opposite side narrow for easy installation of cables. 21.3 For many thin cables Separator with narrow base for many thin cables fitted side by side. Space-saving, secure state – for e-chains®. 21.4 For e.g. side-mounted applications Asymmetrical separator, results in defined clearance and spacers can be dispensed with. 21.5 Locks in securely in preset increments The notch separator for the integrated latching can be positioned exactly. Ideal for 90° turned applications. Note: For this series notches only on fixed crossbars, not on openable crossbars 21.1.Z Strain relief separator Can be integrated in the mounting bracket and can be placed in any position. Simultaneous strain relief and interior separation of the e-chains®. 2300.X Horizontal interior separation Locks securely into separators at both ends, giving a fixed width. Separators can be moved freely over the shelf in horizontal direction and can be fitted at one height.
Option 2 - Optional full-width shelves Separators can be placed anywhere in the chain's cross-section to divide the interior of the e-chains® - As standard, separators are fitted at every 2nd chain link! Slotted separator 14001 Vertical separation in e-chains®. The slot allows basic vertical/horizontal shelving arrangements. 21.1.Z Strain relief separator Can be integrated in the mounting bracket and can be placed in any position. Simultaneous strain relief and interior separation of the e-chains®. Full-width shelf 110.X Recommended if many small cables with similar or same diameters are used. For full-width separation. Full-width shelves can be arranged in steps of 5,75mm on 3 levels.
Plastic - pivoting
Plastic - locking
Plastic - pivoting, two-piece
Steel - locking
"Super-aluminium", "Basic" guide trough
guidefast guide trough
1. Trough side part, aluminium, 2m
2. Glide bar, plastic, 2m
3. Plastic glide strips*, side, 2m
4. Clamping shoe, aluminium
5. C-profile, galvanised steel
6. Screw M6 x 16
7. Sliding nut M6
8. "Basic" connector, plastic
10. Silencer profile, rubber
*without glide strips upon request
"Super-aluminium" trough - the igus® standard for guide troughs
The "Super-aluminium" trough is a modular system of guide troughs for long travels (where e-chains® glide on each other). The basic "Super-aluminium" trough is available in simple, cost-effective "basic designs" and can be expanded for sophisticated plant construction. This universal usability makes it the recommended igus® standard for guide troughs.
Design specificationFurther information on "gliding application"
1. Interface connector
2. Plastic glide bar
3. Clamping shoe
4. Glide strips
1. Sample support tray L = 400mm, Series 1500.050
2. Support can be adjusted vertically and horizontally
3. Trough clip
4. Countersunk screw – M6 x 20
5. Washer – A 6.4
6. Hexagon nut – M6
guidefast – modular system for crane girders and standard indoor cranes
Trough for quick and easy side mounting on the crane girder of standard indoor cranes. Available as a complete package for indoor cranes in the modular system: E2/000 + chainflex® cables + guidefast trough.
guidefast product line overview
Assembly using welded bolts or bolt directly onto the crane girder.
1. Support, long version 2. Support, short version Standard distance between supports: 1 trough bracket per metre
Fastener – provides connection for two trough sections without any misalignment
Data protection declaration