1. Excellent protection for cables and
hoses, from hot chips as well
2. Outer radius lid can be removed
3. Large pins, high strength
4. Smooth chip-repellent outer contour
5. Small pitch for quiet smooth running
6. Fully enclosed
7. KMA mounting brackets with
fully enclosed mounting option
8. Strain relief separator - Separator with integrated strain relief tiewrap plates for use on the first or last chain link
* The required clearance height is HF = H + 20 mm (with 0,5 kg/m fill weight), this should be taken into account for all application types.Please contact us if you have particularly narrow space conditions.
** The calculated length corresponds to the chain length without mounting brackets.
A=moving end, B=fixed endPitch: 30.3 mmLinks per m: 33Travel: STube length= S/2 + K
Unsupported length versus fill weightX axis: Unsupported length in m FLB/FLGY axis: Fill weight in kg/mLower scale: Travel S in mFLB = Unsupported with permissible sagFLG = Unsupported with straight upper run
from 5,0 m to max. 50 mChain length= S/2+K2Long travels - gliding (up to max. 50 m) Here, the e-chain® upper runs gliding on the lower run in a guide trough. We recommend letting our engineers support you when planning this type of system. In case of travel lengths between 2,0 and 5,0 m, we recommend a larger unsupported e-chain®.
A1 = Moving endA2 = Fixed end A3 = Guide trough with glide bar A4 = Guide trough with glide bar A5 = Total length of the guide trough
Samples and catalog order
E-Chain® Expert call
Service life calculation
Ask the product expert
Designing with igus®
4 mounting bracket variants
5 widths and 8 bend radii
Design specificationFurther information on "unsupported application"
Design specificationFurther information on "gliding application"
Other installation types
Option 1: Separators
Option 1 - Separators
Separators can be placed anywhere in the chain's cross-section to divide
the interior of the e-chain® - As standard, separators are always fitted every 2nd chain link!
Standard division with separator 482
Strain relief separator 482.ZR, can be integrated in the mounting bracket, can be placed in any position
KMA - pivoting
KMA - locking
Steel - one-piece
Angled polymer bracket
"Super-aluminium", "Basic" guide trough
"Super-Alu" guide trough, "Heavy Duty"
1. Trough side part, aluminium, 2 m
2. Glide bar, plastic, 2 m
3. Plastic glide strips*, side, 2 m
4. Clamping shoe, aluminium
5. C-profile, galvanised steel
6. Screw M8 x 20
7. Sliding nut M8
8. "Basic" connector, plastic
10. Optional: Silencer profile, rubber
*without glide strips on request
"Super-aluminium" trough - the igus® standard for guide troughs
The "Super" aluminium trough is a modular system of guide troughs for long travels (where e-chains® are gliding on top of themselves). The basic "Super" aluminium trough has a simple and cost-efficient designs and can be expanded for sophisticated plant engineering.
Its universal design makes it the recommended igus® standard for guide troughs.
1. Interface connector
2. Plastic glide bar
3. Clamping shoe
4. Glide strips
7. Sliding nut M6
9. Heavy-duty bracket option
10. Silencer profile, rubber
11. Screw M6 x 20
1. Aluminium profiles
3. Heavy-duty bracket option
6. Silencer profiles
Data protection declaration