1. Double stop-dog system for long unsupported lengths 2. Optimised opening system for fast opening of the crossbars either from the left or right 3. High holding force of the crossbars 4. Sliding surfaces on the side for operation "on the side" 5. Tested and proven mounting bracket 6. Strain relief can be integrated in the mounting bracket 7.Series 2400 and 2450 openable along the inner radius 8. Series 2450 half e-tube openable along the inner radius, from both sides 9. Enclosed e-tube Series 2480 openable along the inner radius 10. Diverse modular interior separations 11. Easy assembly due to optimised pins 12. Also available as ESD version 13. Strain relief tooth - separator with integrated strain relief
Please note: Before using this series on long travels, please consult igus®. We recommend an e-chain® that is openable in the outer radius for long travels. Example: Series 2500
* The required clearance height is HF = H + 25 mm (at 1.5 kg/m fill weight), which should be observed in all types of applications. Please contact us if you have particularly confined space requirements.
** The calculated length corresponds to the chain length without mounting brackets.
A=Moving end, B=Fixed endPitch: 46mmChain links per m: 22Travel: SChain length = S/2 + K
The unsupported length depends on fill weightX axis: unsupported length in m FLB/FLGY axis: fill weight in kg/mLower scale: travel S in mFLB = unsupported with permissible sagFLG = unsupported with straight upper run Reference example A: fill weight = 1.5 [kg/m] unsupported length FLB = 1.7 m travel = 3.3 m
From 10 m to max. 100 mChain length = S/2+K2Long travel - gliding (up to max. 100 m) Here the e-chain® is used with the upper run gliding on the lower run. We recommend letting our engineers support you when planning this type of system. In case of travel lengths between 4m and 10m, we recommend a larger unsupported e-chain®. A1 = moving endA2 = fixed end A3 = Guide trough with glide bar A4 = Guide trough without glide bar A5 = Total length of the guide trough
Samples and catalog order
E-Chain® Expert call
Service life calculation
Ask the product expert
Designing with igus®
2 interior separation options
5 mounting bracket variants
Design specificationFurther information on "unsupported application"
Design specificationFurther information on "gliding application"
Other installation types
Option 1: standard
Option 1: Standard Separators can be placed anywhere in the chain's cross-section to divide the interior of the e-chain® - as standard, separators should be fitted every 2nd chain link! Slotted separator 14501 Vertical separation in e-tubes. The slot allows basic vertical/horizontal shelving arrangements.
Plastic - pivoting
Plastic - locking
"Super-aluminium", "Basic" guide trough
"Super-Alu" guide trough, "Heavy Duty"
Steel guide troughs
1. Trough side part, aluminium, 2m
2. Glide bar, plastic, 2m
3. Plastic glide strips*, side, 2m
4. Clamping shoe, aluminium
5. C-profile, galvanised steel
6. Screw M6 x 16
7. Sliding nut M6
8. "Basic" connector, plastic
10. Silencer profile, rubber
*without glide strips upon request
"Super-aluminium" trough - the igus® standard for guide troughs
The "Super-aluminium" trough is a modular system of guide troughs for long travels (where e-chains® glide on each other). The basic "Super-aluminium" trough is available in simple, cost-effective "basic designs" and can be expanded for sophisticated plant construction. This universal usability makes it the recommended igus® standard for guide troughs.
1. Interface connector
2. Plastic glide bar
3. Clamping shoe
4. Glide strips
9. Heavy-duty bracket option
11. Screw M6 x 20
1. Aluminium profiles
3. Heavy-duty bracket option
6. Silencer profiles
1. Guide trough (blue)2. Glide bar (black)3. Installation set (red)4. Individual attachment without C-profile5. Profile rail length
+ Easy assembly using installation sets+ two-part model – adjustable from chain width+ Very strong+ Cost-effective+ Large selection
Guide trough without glide bars, Part No. 92.30, guide trough with glide bars Part No. 92.31
Installation sets, Part No. 92.50. XX
Support tray - Type 01
Data protection declaration