1. All-round mounting: with KMA mounting bracket 2. Economical: Through optimal utilisation of installation space 3. Easy filling: inner cross-section completely accessible 4. Precise division: notched crossbar with scale 5. Short assembly time: flip open in inner and outer radius at both ends 6. Without camber: NC version by reversing the outer link 7. Chip protection: Very close-tight end cap and bottoms 8. High stability: High forces through "undercut" design 9. Straight running: inner/outer li
* The required clearance height is HF = H + 40 mm (at 3 kg/m fill weight), which should be observed in all types of applications. Please contact us if you have particularly confined space requirements.
** The calculated length corresponds to the chain length without mounting brackets.
A=moving end, B=fixed endPitch: 56mm per linkChain links per m: 18Travel: SChain length = S/2 + K
The unsupported length depends on fill weightX axis: unsupported length in m FLB/FLGY axis: fill weight in kg/mLower scale: travel S in mFLB = unsupported with permissible sagFLG = unsupported with straight upper run Reference example A: Fill weight = 2 [kg/m]Unsupported length FLB = 2,3m Travel = 4,6m
Samples and catalog order
E-Chain® Expert call
Service life calculation
Ask the product expert
Designing with igus®
e-chain® opener tools for easy opening and closing of E4 series igus® e-chains®
Design specificationFurther information on "unsupported application"
Design specificationFurther information on "gliding application"
Other installation types
Option 1: standard
Option 2: standard
Standard 01 As standard, igus® separators are mounted every second chain link! 38.1 standard – for all uses Separator, wide base for maximum holding strength and stability in e-chains® 38.3 For many thin cables Separator with narrow base for many thin cables fitted side by side. Space-saving, secure state – for e-chains®. 3200.X horizontal interior separation Locks securely into the separator at both ends, allowing a fixed width. Can be used as a full-width shelf for integrated interior separation or as a shelf for modular shelving at three levels.
Standard 02 As standard, igus® separators are mounted every second chain link! 38.2 Faster cable installation Secure seating on one side, with a wide base, opposite side narrow for easy cable installation (easily clamped). 38.5 Locks in securely in 5mm increments Notch separator for notch crossbar with scaling. Can be positioned precisely. Recommended for side-mounted applications. 3200.X horizontal interior separation Locks securely into the separator at both ends, allowing a fixed width. Separators can be moved freely over the shelf in horizontal direction and can be fitted at one height.
KMA - pivoting
KMA - locking
"Super-aluminium", "Basic" guide trough
"Super-Alu" guide trough, "Heavy Duty"
Steel guide troughs
1. Trough side part, aluminium, 2m
2. Glide bar, plastic, 2m
3. Plastic glide strips*, side, 2m
4. Clamping shoe, aluminium
5. C-profile, galvanised steel
6. Screw M6 x 16
7. Sliding nut M6
8. "Basic" connector, plastic
10. Optional: noise dampening strip
*without glide strips upon request
"Super-aluminium" trough - the igus® standard for guide troughs
The "Super-aluminium" trough is a modular system of guide troughs for long travels (where e-chains® glide on each other). The basic "Super-aluminium" trough is available in simple, cost-effective "basic designs" and can be expanded for sophisticated plant construction. This universal usability makes it the recommended igus® standard for guide troughs.
1. Interface connector
2. Plastic glide bar
3. Clamping shoe
4. Glide strips
9. Heavy-duty bracket option
10. Silencer profile, rubber
11. Screw M6 x 20
1. Aluminium profiles
3. Heavy-duty bracket option
6. Silencer profiles
1. Guide trough (blue)2. Glide bar (black)3. Installation set (red)4. Individual attachment without C-profile5. Profile rail length
+ Easy assembly using installation sets+ two-part model – adjustable from chain width+ Very strong+ Cost-effective+ Large selection
Guide trough without glide bars, Part No. 97.30, guide trough with glide bars Part No. 97.31
Installation sets, Part No. 97.50. XX
Support tray - Type 01
Data protection declaration