We are aware that the processing of plastics and the placement of plastic products on the market has consequences for the environment. We strive to keep these effects to a minimum, while maintaining an adequate level of economic efficiency. For this task, a cross-departmental team at igus is working on ways of identifying these effects and finding solutions to reduce them.
We consider the protection of the environment and climate to be an important element of our activity and mission. The avoidance of harm to the environment and sparing use of the limited resources that are available are therefore permanent components of our corporate responsibility.
The central environmental aspects for use, are the levels of energy consumption in plastics production and the creation of plastic waste. With a recycling rate of 99% for our internal injection moulding waste, we have already taken an important step.
In addition, our team is working on ways to make recycling even more efficient, prevent contamination caused by igus products and reduce energy consumption in their production.
We all contribute towards protection of the environment by:
- Adhering to applicable environmental laws and regulations
- Always taking account of environmental directives when we plan and procure new production equipment
- Enhancing the environmental awareness of our employees by means of specific training measures
- Maintaining a transparent environmental policy in our dealings with employees, customers, contractual partners and the public
- Determining the environmental effects of existing and new activities including products and services, in order to be able to define suitable measures for protecting the environment
- Using resources and energy carefully and implementing measures for the reduction of such use
- Implementing technical and organisational measures for the reduction of environmentally harmful emissions such as noise, residual material, waste and wastewater
- Collaborating consistently with authorities and rescue organisations, in order to reduce the risks and consequences of emergencies on people and the environment, by means of suitable precautionary measures
- Adopting a zero error philosophy in avoiding production waste
All our managers act as role models and also encourage appropriate behaviour in this regard on the part of our employees. Issue: 01.04.2020