Safely guide many different cables in a confined space with e-spool. e-spool uniquely combines two different energy supply systems: one standard energy chain is guided by a roller, providing the correct length and tension of the energy supply system through an integrated spring. In the home position, the energy chain is completely rolled up to save space. The twisterband connects the roller with the shaft end block, serving as an interface to the supply side cables.
Typical industries and applications
Interruption-free panel feed. The alternative to the cable reel.
Extension length: 5-15m
Pulling out a cable by hand
Travel length: 5m | Drum: 300mm | Cable length 3.3-8.3m
Variable use, with higher retraction force
Travel length: 4-14m | Drum: 600-850mm | Cable length 8.6-19.9m
Motor driven, for long extension
Travel length: 25m | Drum: upon request | Cable length: upon request
Due to the special mechanical stress in an e-spool, we recommend using our chainflex cables. Additionally, we recommend observing the following filling rules:
1. Cables may only be laid next to each other in the linear chain - never lay several cables on top of each other!
2. With unshielded cables, chainflex cables with TPE outer jacket should be used wherever possible.
3. Shielded cables should come from the chainflex cable family CFROBOT family.
4. The maximum bend radii of the twisterband used must be observed.
5. If possible, use separators to protect cables against overlapping and abrasion. To make the best possible use of the interior space, install the separator in alternate segments.
6. Lay cables according to diameter or insert bend radius - thin small ones inwards and larger ones outwards.
7. Apply strain relief to both ends of the cable. The cable tie knot must not be fitted in the direction of the chain.
8. The cables should be installed in the twisterband with clearance space both outwards and inwards from the rotary axis.
Installation instructionsIn the case of a horizontally moving application, a smooth surface must be provided on which the energy chain can travel.